Taken from the book: Ryde Isle of Wight Its Sports and Attractions:
The Club was established in 1883 and has very convenient head-quarters at the York Hotel, Ryde.
The Club is open to amateurs only, according to the definition of the National Cyclists’ Union.
The Officers and Committee are elected at the Annual Meetings which are held in the month of January.
Ladies are admitted as members of the Club.
A Race Meeting is held annually round the Canoe Lake (track).
The Club runs and events are posted at Head-quarters and at other throughout the town.
The Colours of the Club are cardinal and black; in addition, a Club badge is worn.
All candidates for membership must be bona-fide riding cyclists.