What a media flurry has been going on in Ryde District Heritage Centre this week!
- Diana started things off, sending requested pictures to the Press Association;
- Derek continued with several paragraphs syndicated nationally by the Press Association;
- BBC Radio Solent did a live piece from the Heritage Centre with Brian;
- Tony and Brian were interviewed by ITN – the footage is available on the ITN website;
- Diana was interviewed by both Meridian and the BBC for television screening. Footage, which includes Brian, is available here.
This is a photograph of Ian and Briony from BBC South, in the blazing sunshine on Ryde Pier, having just filmed Diana’s melting moments in baking heat at midday!! ….and they say it’s only mad dogs and Englishmen who go out in the midday sun!!
The BBC website report can be found here.
Pioneering pier is 200 years old – National Press Association 2014 Press Release can be read here
Historic Ryde Society was invited to have a stall at the wet end for Wightlink’s Party on the Pier on Sunday, July 27. The stall was manned by various volunteers over the course of the day. In the evening, Diana, Lesley, Brian and Sandy represented Historic Ryde Society at the champagne and canapés reception, as guests of Ryde Business Association. A very pleasant time was had by all!
The four photoboards dotted around the seafront took in nearly £130 over the Party on the Pier weekend, which is a fantastic amount! Many thanks to all those wonderful folk who enjoyed the opportunity to have a laugh! Whiling away an hour between televisual interviews on the Saturday was an education…..so many delighted people came along and took photographs of family and friends.